A quick recipe about a tasteful and fresh cold tomato soup
Peel 4 or 5 ripe tomatos and put them in a blender beaker, then add:
– 1 clove of garlic, peeled
– Olive oil (reserve a thimbleful in a glass and put it in the fridge to be used at the end)
– Stale bread (1, 2… slices depending on how big they are, the bread is to make the soup
– 1 teaspoon of wine vinegar
With a stick blender (or similar) mix and blend everything correctly to get the soup. After you are done, take the oil you put in the fridge, add it to the soup and mixed all again. This last step give the soup a better texture.
– chop over a hard-boiled egg or some serrano jam (normal, fried or baked). Just delicious!
– serve it in a small glass and add a hard-bolied egg or ham. Very elegant for demanding guests!
– spread over a slice of bread with any kind of sausage over it. A great aperitif!
– if there is some left, use it as a sauce for your dishes (meat, fish…). Quite creative!
– with fried eggs, instead of using ketchup, use salmorejo (much healthier). Use your imagination!