Today it is very easy to buy any product from any part of the world. The noodles are a great idea to eat some pasta adding different ingredients apart from the typical tomato sauce.
– Noodles (quantity depending on how many people you are)
– 250 gr prawns, for two people; they can be fresh, boiled or frozen
– 2 peppers: red and green
– Half onion
– 1 lime juice
– 2 spoons of oyster sauce (optional)
– 2 spoons of soya sauce
– 2 spoons of tomato sauce (optional)
– Half glass of white wine (optional)
– Olive oil
– Cayenne pepper or sauce
– Coriander, parsley or both, chopped
First, we have to stir-fry all vegetables, mid-heat, after 5 minutes or when the vegs are soft add the sauces, the lime juice, the wine and all the spices, except the coriander and the parsley.
If the prawns are fresh or boiled, add them to the stir-fry and cook them for some minutes, to taste. Normally, the prawns are cooked in very few minutes.
We can cook the noodles while cooking the prawns, as they are ready in 5 – 6 minutes. But you should always have a look at the packet to know how much time they have to be cooked or cook them to your taste. After be boiled, add them to the stir-fry so they can get all the different flavours, this is optional.
Finally, serve in a soup plate and spread the coriander or parsley over.
A delicious innovation!
TIPS: In this recipe there are many ingredients, but some are optional because you don’t have them or don’t like them. You can add a spicy touch if you fancy this kind of food, but it’s not needed. And although you see a lot of things, it’s a dish it won’t take you a lot to prepare.
This is the best pizza ever!!! The most difficult thing to prepare is the dough but once you get it, you can create your very own pizza with your favourite ingredients.
– 300 gr. flour
– Half glass of warm water (it’s important to be warm)
– 2 olive oil soup spoons
– 2 full coffee spoons of baker’s yeast (much better to buy it at the baker’s)
– Spices (oregano, garlic, parsley, basil… any!)
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix them with your hands until the dough is consistent, no lumps. Add more flour or water if you need it. After that, spread flour over the countertop and place there the dough. Knead it for at least 15 minutes or until the dough is flexible and soft. Leave it in another bowl for 30-45 minutes covered with a humid cloth to let it rise.
After that long half an hour, spread some more flour over the countertop and stretch the dough with a rolling pin or your hands.
Spread the tomato sauce all over the stretched dough, add some spices if your dough doesn’t have any. Then, put the onion and tomatoes’ slices, cheese, ham and bacon. Leave in the oven for 10-15 minutes or more (all depend on your oven).
The best pizza ever!!
TIPS: – Take your time with the dough, all ingredients have to be well mixed and it has to be well kneaded!!
Grease the ribs well with olive oil and then dust the spices and salt all over. Put them in an oven tray and let them cook in the oven for at least thirty minutes or more until they look really crunchy.
Ribs to die for!!
TIPS: – If you have the possibility to ccok them on a barbacue, they will be much better.
– When they are almost brown, you can pour some barbacue sauce dissolved in soya over them.
Tapas can be prepared with any ingredient, any savour… you want to. Try to be as imaginative as possible to get a tasteful and innovative dish each time. The most you try, the best your dishes will be.
In this tapa, we mix 3 ingredients: guacamole, tuna and mustard. A strange combination with a spectacular result.
– Toast bread, 1 slice per person
– Tuna fish
We have to marinate the tuna fillets with some olive oil, salt, pepper (optional), rosemary and thyme, at least 2 hours beforehand. Grill the fillets.
Toast the bread and spread guacamole over them, then place the tuna fillets along-cut and add the mustard. That’s all!!
Strange and spectacular!
TIPS: – If the mustard has a honey touch, it’s much better.
– You can also use avocados instead of guacamole.
– Parsley is also suitable instead of rosemary and thyme.
– If you don’t find tuna fillets, try to use swordfish.
Here you are a great tapa to be served as a starter or main course. It’s very chic and original to surprise everyone at home. The incovenients are: we should prepare the meat some hours before and the eggs have to be cooked at the moment.
First of all, we have to season the meat with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme (try to do it at least 2 hours before cooking) and then, we will grill it at the guest’s taste. Sometimes, it’s better to sear the meat and afterwards, when preparing the tapa, cooking it.
Toast some bread slices and spread salmorejo all over them. Then place the medallions, 2 are enough per tapa, it depends on how big they are. Instead of frying the eggs, griddle them. After all this, pour a little barbacue sauce over tha tapa.
TIPS: – If you don’t have any salmorejo prepared, you can rub some tomatoes on the bread.
– There’s no need to use any barbacue, HP sauce… but that smoked taste will give the tapa a special touch.
Tuna pie is a very nice recipe which will delight you and any of your guests. You will need a few ingredients but then the oven will do all the work!! The recipe is for at least 3 or 4 people.
– 2 or 3 eggs
– Tomato sauce (3 to 5 soup spoons, to taste)
– 2 or 3 tuna cans
– 3 to 5 slices of bread (to taste)
– 350 to 500 ml evaporated milk
– Salt, to taste
– Pepper, to taste
– Nutmeg, to taste
Preheat the oven 180º.
Blend all ingredients well and place the mixture in a loaf tin, grease it before or use baking paper so the pie won’t stick. Let it bake for 35-45 minutes but take a look from time to time and test it with a knife.
Here you are an idea to be cooked in a second. It’s easy, funny and healthy (much less greasy than a pizza) recommended for anybody, overmore children who will love it. Actually my parents used to cook it for us instead of ordering a pizza anywhere, I guess.
Ingredients (as in the photo):
– Bread, some slices (I usually have 4 for each person)
– Spices: rosemary, parsley or basil (choose the one you like most)
– Tomato sauce
– Sliced Cheese
– (Serrano) Ham
– Bacon (although in the photos there’s no bacon, add it)
Preheat the oven 200º
This is like cooking a pizza, so take the bread and spread tomato over, then add the spice you want and some salt. After that, place the cheese, the ham in strips and the bacon in little pieces or bits all around the bread. You can also add some goats cheese or other type.
Put in the oven until the bread is toasted and crunchy. And here you are!!
Home made sandwich-pizza!!
TIPS: – Cut it in two or four and serve as a starter.
– It’s like a pizza, so you can add your favourite ingredients.
Baking is not so difficult as many people may think, you just need time to get the dish cooked, and it can be a clean alternative not to mess all the kitchen.
– chicken pieces: 1 breast, 2 legs… per person
– 2 or 3 peeled potatoes
– 2 or 3 peeled garlic cloves
– Curry for the chicken and rosemary and/or thyme for the potatoes
– 1 bovril coffee spoon
– chicken stock (or 1 crumbled stock cube)
– 1 beer can
Season the chicken with the salt and the curry, place it in a baking dish. Slice the potatoes, put in the baking dish and sprinkle the rosemary and thyme over them. Put the whole garlic cloves on the dish (if you want, slice them). Pour a little soy all over and the beer can, (note the alcohol will evaporate due to the heat, a nice sweet taste will stay). Add the bovril coffee spoon and the stock cube. Put in the oven and let it bake for almost 45 minutes. Turn over from time to time to get all the chicken well cooked.
It’s really mouth-watering!!
TIPS: – Use any spice you want, you can also add some cayenne to give a spicy touch.
– Pour a little white wine and water, instead of beer.
– Don’t worry if you don’t have soy and/or bovril, the taste will be great anyway.
This dish is ideal for those days you don’t feel like cooking anything and really want something different. Maybe you have thought, it can be difficult for somebody without experience in cooking but believe me, it cannot be easier.
– Buy filo (phyllo) pastry sheets or something similar in the supermarket.
– Preheat the oven 200º while preparing everything.
– Follow the instructions written in the package in order to hydrate the filo sheets. In many of
them, it is said to use margarine or butter but personally speaking, I prefer olive oil, much
healthier!! So I lay one sheet on a baking paper and pour a little oil, use a spoon to spread it all
over the sheet; and do the same with two more. (I don’t think you need more).
– Ingredients: any you want your pie to have, as usual, use your imagination!!! For example: any kind
of cheese, paté, (serrano) ham, chorizo, tomato, etc. (The amounts and size of your pie depend on
how many people you will be.)
– Cover your pie. If it is a big one, use other pastry sheets (don’t forget the olive oil over these
new ones); if it is small, you can use the part without ingredients to cover it and create a nice
square or rectangle. Or a roll!!, as in the photo below.
– Put it in the oven for almost 30 minutes, as always, have a look just in case, not all ovens are
Half serrano ham and cheese roll
TIPS: – If you add cheese, take into account that it will melt and maybe go out of the pastry!
– Apart of using any ingredient you want, let’s be more creative! Cut the pastry into squares,
triangles… and cook really nice starters or canapés.